Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Sausage Swirls

2 8 oz cans Crescent Rolls
1 lb Ground Sausage (mild for children, hot or sage for adults)

Separate 1 can of dough and form into 4 rectangles (like squares, only longer).  Cut uncooked sausage and cut into 8 chunks. Use 4 chunks of the sausage, spread on each rectangle with a thin layer (about 1/8 inch thick). Starting at the short end, roll each rectangle tightly into a cylinder. Repeat with other can of dough and sausage. Place on a plate, cover with plastic wrap and chill until firm. After about 30 minutes, then cut each roll into 4 slices.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees and place the sausage swirls 1/2 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 18 - 20 minutes until golden brown and sausage is thoroughly cooked.

Persona Variations - I separate rolls into 2 rectangles and don't always chill. Slice about 1/4 inch thick. I also use more of the sausage (I like the hot). But that's just me. I'm a rebel that way.

I thought about becoming a baker and being a professional loafer. I really kneaded the dough.

No comments:

Post a Comment